It seems like most roof damage happens in the winter and fall. It’s almost as if the cold, wind and snow creates havoc on our houses. Ironically, this is the one time of year when roofers probably want to be anywhere but up on your roof!
It makes sense that our roofs would be in worse shape during the harsh, cold months. With all the ice, snow and rain, it’s easy to imagine what kind of damage could be caused. This is why a lot of people think their roofs are safe during the spring and summer. But, is this true?
Believe it or not, your roof is just as liable to get damaged in the warm months as in the cold. For a lot of scientific reasons, mostly having to do with temperature fluctuations, your roof can get damaged any time of year.
It’s always a good idea to have a reliable roofing company on speed dial. That’s why so many homeowners know how to get in touch with the professional roofing contractors at Greenville Roofing. They offer honest work for an honest price.
Experienced Roofers Know Your Roof is Subject to Harsh Elements in the Winter Months
Like we said earlier, the winter months are not friendly to your home. Because of the elements, there is a good chance that your roof could suffer some damage in the cold, windy months.
There are three (3) main culprits that cause damage during the winter months:
- Freezing rain – When ice builds up in your gutter, water can’t get through. If this water gets under your roof and freezes, it can cause thousands of dollars in damage. You don’t want to have to get a whole new roof because of one bad storm.
- Snow – Snow, especially heavy snow, can cause all sorts of problems for your roof. Not only that, but when the snow melts. It can cause serious water damage. You will need a Greenville roofing company to make these repairs for you.
- High winds – If you have loose or missing shingles on your roof, you can end up with expensive damage to your roof. You may need to repair or replace these shingles in the winter months.
Just because the winter weather can be harsh, doesn’t mean the warm months are totally kind.
Roofing Contractors in Greenville, SC Are Plenty Busy in Summer Too
Summer can be just as unkind as winter. Your roof is just as susceptible to damage in spring and summer as in the dead of winter. Some of the problems encountered in the warm months include:
- Severe storms – You can experience terrible winds and rains in the summer months. We get hit with severe storms no matter what part of the country you’re in. Just because you live in Greenville, South Carolina doesn’t mean you’re immune to harsh weather.
- Hail – Every now and then, we experience pretty aggressive hail storms in the summer. Hail can be as dangerous to your roof as ice and snow.
- Heat and Humidity – The heat and humidity can have a physical effect on your roof. It can change the makeup and fit of the shingles and other roofing materials.
It’s a good idea to do what you can to preserve your roof in the summer months. You should do what you can to keep it dry. A dry roof is a happy roof. Of course, you can’t prevent all damage. When it rains or rough weather stops by, there’s only so much you can do.
Contact Greenville Roofing for Your Roofing Needs
No matter what time of year, you may need a Greenville roofing company. An experienced roofer knows how to repair your roof. They also know how to winterize your roof so that you don’t suffer unnecessary damage in the future.
A good roofer will want to help you prevent future damage. A lot of roofers don’t do this because they’d rather you call them to do more work later. The professional roofing contractors at Greenville Roofing aren’t like this. They truly have your best interests at heart. They understand just how much your home and hard-earned money mean to you.
Call and schedule an estimate today. With spring right around the corner, it’s a good idea to have a professional check out your roof. They can make sure your roof is in good shape. They can also make suggestions to keep your roof in good shape going forward.